How To Paint Your Garage Door
17th March 2014The following tutorial will provide top result, preparation is key.
- Prepare the garage door by wire brush, this removes flaking paint and loose debris.
- Wash the door with water and a light diluted detergent, something like a 10/1 ratio will remove any dust, grease or dirt.
- Leave the garage door to dry thoroughly before painting.
- Ensure that the ground, the frame and surrounding area are protected with a dust sheet, helps prevent drips and spills.
- Begin by painting the edges which are not visible when it is shut, this is similar to a decorator cutting in on walls.
- Allow all the edges to dry, hard dry if possible, and begin painting at the top of the door. Working your way from left to right and down in stages until the whole door is painted.
- Always apply one thin coat to begin with as this helps with good adhesion, followed by a secondary coat to finish. Allow to fully dry and cure and admire your newly painted garage door.
please be advised this is a guide and Specialist Paints Online are not held responsible for any errors or accidents.